Security/Access Control Technician
San Bernardino, United States Contract To Hire
About SOLID Personnel:
SOLID Personnel, Inc. - "Expertise to Get Things Done"
SOLID Personnel is a specialized recruiting & staffing firm founded in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our unique industry experience and streamlined staffing solutions separate us from the pack. SOLID is your one-stop shop for all professional staffing needs in the following fields: Energy & Construction Services, Telecommunications, Low Voltage & Security, and Scientific.
The smarter, solid choice for your company’s workforce hiring solutions.
SOLID Personnel's service options include:
- Temporary hires to support critical projects, variable resource needs, and temporary openings.
- Temp-to-hire personnel to provide a transition period or to respond to business growth.
- Direct-hire placements for key individuals who will make an immediate and lasting positive impact.
- Value-added services such as payrolling, skills testing, background checks, and drug screening.
Industries we specialize in:
- Energy & Construction Services - Electrical, Renewable Energy, Plumbing, Mechanical/HVAC, and Construction Management.
- Telecommunications, Low Voltage & Security - Structured Cabling, Cell Sites, Field Service Installation, Audio Video, Security, and Fire Alarm.
- Scientific - Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Biodefense, Clinical Research, Health Care, Universities, Chemical, and Food Sciences.
We are hiring a Security/Access Control Technician with access control and video surveillance experience installing, testing and programming security systems. Strong IT/networking skills are a plus.
- Install; program; troubleshoot; and maintain access control, video surveillance and intrusion detection systems.
- Provide field customer service.
- Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, J-hooks or D-rings).
- Install, terminate, test, label and document horizontal, backbone and other cables.
- Ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulations as applicable to service, installation, and maintenance of security systems and OSHA safety standards.
- Dress and route cable into closets and control rooms
- Read and comprehend blueprints, project instructions, and company forms.
- Install conduit and install/pull cable and wire.
- Mount panels, field devices, and power supplies.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in the field.
- Basic knowledge of NEC and building codes.
- Meets quality standards; strives to provide innovative solution to improve overall installation process.
- Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Must be able to pass a drug and background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Candidate is frequently required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must be able to safely move and lift materials and equipment weighing up to 25 lbs. on a routine basis, and on limited occasions up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Capable of frequently bending, kneeling, crawling and stooping while working.
San Bernadino, CA
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary (DOE) for full time work in a great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks: Medical benefits for full time employees, sick and holiday pay, work/life balance, flexibility, and plenty of opportunity to grow!
Please send your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can bring your resume & fill out our application at our Pleasanton, CA office. If your resume, application, and reference reviews meet our standards then we will reach out to schedule an interview at your convenience.
Here is our address: 133 N. Altadena Dr. Suite 415, Pasadena, CA 91107
SOLID Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hires are made without regard to any individual’s race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, religion, marital status or domestic partnership; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; other medical conditions or genetic characteristic; sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or transgender status; or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law, regulation, or ordinance.