Level 3 Cable Technician
Los Angeles, United States Contract To Hire
About SOLID Personnel:
SOLID Personnel, Inc. - "Expertise to Get Things Done"
SOLID Personnel is a specialized recruiting & staffing firm founded in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our unique industry experience and streamlined staffing solutions separate us from the pack. SOLID is your one-stop shop for all professional staffing needs in the following fields: Energy & Construction Services, Telecommunications, Low Voltage & Security, and Scientific.
The smarter, solid choice for your company’s workforce hiring solutions.
SOLID Personnel's service options include:
- Temporary hires to support critical projects, variable resource needs, and temporary openings.
- Temp-to-hire personnel to provide a transition period or to respond to business growth.
- Direct-hire placements for key individuals who will make an immediate and lasting positive impact.
- Value-added services such as payrolling, skills testing, background checks, and drug screening.
Industries we specialize in:
- Energy & Construction Services - Electrical, Renewable Energy, Plumbing, Mechanical/HVAC, and Construction Management.
- Telecommunications, Low Voltage & Security - Structured Cabling, Cell Sites, Field Service Installation, Audio Video, Security, and Fire Alarm.
- Scientific - Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Biodefense, Clinical Research, Health Care, Universities, Chemical, and Food Sciences.
We are hiring a Cable Technician (level 3) to supervise the installation, modification, repair and maintenance of voice, video and data cabling systems. He/she coordinates work flow within unit and provides training to other technicians. The Cable Tech is responsible for making independent judgments where normal procedures or guidelines are not established.
- Physically install CAT 3, CAT 5, Enhanced CAT 5, CAT 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Installation of outlets, pulling cable, fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing and labeling cables to industry standards.
- Terminate, assemble and install 8-pin modular connectors and coaxial connectors, light crimp connectors and optical fiber ST and/or SC ceramic connectors.
- Accurately test copper and fiber (multimode and single mode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment as required.
- Diagnose and correct copper and optical fiber problems.
- Removal and demolition of abandoned cables.
- Maintain and reference industry standards including ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local and National Electric Code.
- Perform site surveys, read and use blueprints and floor plan and conduct visual site inspections.
- Determine closet and equipment layouts and install closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels and fiber enclosures, and balance video equipment.
- Install entrance facility grounding infrastructure and perform grounding tests.
- Perform cable splices for copper and optical fiber (mechanical and fusion).
- Perform and supervise work in retrofit and new construction environments and implement cut-overs.
- Identify active circuits.
- Attend training and safety meetings. Work safely at all times utilizing the necessary Personal Protection Equipment.
- Demonstrate safe working practices to other technicians.
- Serve as a liaison between office and field, communicating all information that is not classified as confidential.
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, documenting test results and as-builts, completing safety reports, keeping safety meeting minutes, maintaining log books, providing labor summary reports, etc.
- Order and handle materials.
- Develop project plan including required materials, deliver schedules, completion schedules, manpower requirements and tool/equipment lists.
- Ability to properly instruct other technicians on techniques, work, etc. as needed to keep project work flowing.
- Able to dress copper panels.
- Able to work independently off of reviewing blue prints.
- Possess a high level of independent judgment within established procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related experience.
- Be certified as a BICSI Technician or similar certification preferred.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies, cabling standards and components.
- Ability to work extended hours (overtime) as needed.
- Ability to be regularly scheduled for on-call status if needed.
- Position may require daily travel to worksites.
- Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures on safety.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to transfer own ladder is a plus.
- Required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach with hands and arms.
- Pull cables and wires, use power tools, work in awkward positions and climb ladders and/or scaffolding.
- The employee must be able to safely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, and color vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud and employee may be exposed to outside weather elements.
Los Angeles, CA
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary (DOE) for full time work in a great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks: Medical benefits for full time employees, sick and holiday pay, work/life balance, flexibility, and plenty of opportunity to grow!
Please send your current resume to email@example.com. If your resume, application, and reference reviews meet our standards then we will reach out to schedule an interview at your convenience.
Here is our address: 133 N. Altadena Drive, Suite 415 Pasadena, CA 91107
SOLID Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hires are made without regard to any individual’s race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, religion, marital status or domestic partnership; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; other medical conditions or genetic characteristic; sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or transgender status; or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law, regulation, or ordinance.