San Francisco, United States Contract To Hire
About SOLID Personnel:
SOLID Personnel, Inc. - "Expertise to Get Things Done"
SOLID Personnel is a specialized recruiting & staffing firm founded in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our unique industry experience and streamline staffing solutions separate us from the pack. SOLID is your one-stop shop for all professional staffing needs in the following fields: Energy & Construction Services, Telecommunications, Low Voltage & Security, and Scientific.
The smarter, solid choice for your company’s workforce hiring solutions.
SOLID Personnel's service options include:
- Temporary hires to support critical projects, variable resource needs, and temporary openings.
- Temp-to-hire personnel to provide a transition period or to respond to business growth.
- Direct-hire placements for key individuals who will make an immediate and lasting positive impact.
- Value-added services such as payrolling, skills testing, background checks, and drug screening.
Industries we specialize in:
- Energy & Construction Services - Electrical, Renewable Energy, Plumbing, Mechanical/HVAC, and Construction Management.
- Telecommunications, Low Voltage & Security - Structured Cabling, Cell Sites, Field Service Installation, Audio Video, Security, and Fire Alarm.
- Scientific - Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Biodefense, Clinical Research, Health Care, Universities, Chemical, and Food Sciences.
We are hiring a Cable Technician to work at commercial project sites on a full-time basis. The technician will install cables (cat5, cat6, fiber, rj45), wireless access points, and other Low Voltage equipment.
- Physically install Cat5 and Cat6 Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Terminate feeders in IDF closets.
- Install and program wireless access points.
- Install outlets; pull cables; fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing, and labeling cables to industry standards.
- Accurately test copper and fiber (multimode and single mode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment.
- Removal and demolition of abandoned cables.
- Maintain and reference industry standards including ANSI, EIA/TIA, and Local and National Electric Code.
- Perform site surveys and conduct visual site inspections.
- Install grounding infrastructure and perform grounding tests.
- Perform cable splices for copper wiring.
- Identify active circuits.
- Knowledge of wireless access points.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of directly related experience.
- Able to work extended hours (overtime) as needed.
- Able to be scheduled for on-call status if needed.
- Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, reach; crouch or crawl in awkward positions.
- Must be able to safely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
San Francisco, CA
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary (DOE) for full time work in a great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks: Medical benefits for full time employees, sick and holiday pay, work/life balance, flexibility, and plenty of opportunity to grow!
Please send your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your resume, application, and reference reviews meet our standards then we will reach out to schedule an interview at your convenience.
SOLID Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hires are made without regard to any individual’s race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, religion, marital status or domestic partnership; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; other medical conditions or genetic characteristic; sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or transgender status; or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law, regulation, or ordinance