Santa Clarita, United States Contract To Hire
About SOLID Personnel:
SOLID Personnel, Inc. - "Expertise to Get Things Done"
SOLID Personnel is a specialized recruiting & staffing firm founded in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our unique industry experience and streamlined staffing solutions separate us from the pack. SOLID is your one-stop shop for all professional staffing needs in the following fields: Energy & Construction Services, Telecommunications, Low Voltage & Security, and Scientific.
The smarter, solid choice for your company’s workforce hiring solutions.
SOLID Personnel's service options include:
- Temporary hires to support critical projects, variable resource needs, and temporary openings.
- Temp-to-hire personnel to provide a transition period or to respond to business growth.
- Direct-hire placements for key individuals who will make an immediate and lasting positive impact.
- Value-added services such as payrolling, skills testing, background checks, and drug screening.
Industries we specialize in:
- Energy & Construction Services - Electrical, Renewable Energy, Plumbing, Mechanical/HVAC, and Construction Management.
- Telecommunications, Low Voltage & Security - Structured Cabling, Cell Sites, Field Service Installation, Audio Video, Security, and Fire Alarm.
- Scientific - Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Biodefense, Clinical Research, Health Care, Universities, Chemical, and Food Sciences.
We are hiring Cable Technicians (levels 2-3) to supervise the installation, modification, repair, and maintenance of voice, video, and data cabling systems. May assist with surveying installation areas to determine work methods, tools, materials, etc.
- Physically install CAT5, Enhanced CAT5, CAT6, and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Install outlets; pull cable; fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing, and labeling cables to industry standards.
- Terminate, assemble, and install 8-pin modular connectors and coaxial connectors, light crimp connectors, and optical fiber ST and/or SC ceramic connectors.
- Accurately test copper and fiber (multimode and single mode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment as required.
- Diagnose and correct copper and optical fiber problems.
- Removal and demolition of abandoned cables.
- Maintain and reference industry standards including ANSI, EIA/TIA, and Local and National Electric Code.
- Perform site surveys; read and use blueprints; and conduct visual site inspections.
- Determine closet and equipment layouts; install closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels, and fiber enclosures; and balance video equipment.
- Install grounding infrastructure and perform grounding tests.
- Perform cable splices for copper and optical fiber (mechanical and fusion).
- Perform and supervise work in retrofit and new construction environments and implement cut-overs.
- Identify active circuits.
- Attend training and safety meetings; work safely at all times utilizing the necessary Personal Protection Equipment.
- May be required to occasionally function as a “lead” in the absence of a Cable Tech (Level 3) if directed to do so.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related experience.
- BICSI Technician or similar certification preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Santa Clarita, CA
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary (DOE) for full time work in a great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks: Medical benefits for full time employees, sick and holiday pay, work/life balance, flexibility, and plenty of opportunity to grow!
Please send your current resume to email@example.com. If your resume, application, and reference reviews meet our standards then we will reach out to schedule an interview at your convenience.
Here is our address: 5933 Coronado Lane, Suite 201, Pleasanton, CA 94588
SOLID Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hires are made without regard to any individual’s race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, religion, marital status or domestic partnership; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; other medical conditions or genetic characteristic; sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or transgender status; or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law, regulation, or ordinance.