AV Systems Programming Engineer
Burbank, United States Contract To Hire
About SOLID Personnel:
SOLID Personnel, Inc. - "Expertise to Get Things Done"
SOLID Personnel is a specialized recruiting & staffing firm founded in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our unique industry experience and streamlined staffing solutions separate us from the pack. SOLID is your one-stop shop for all professional staffing needs in the following fields: Energy & Construction Services, Telecommunications, Low Voltage & Security, and Scientific.
The smarter, solid choice for your company’s workforce hiring solutions.
SOLID Personnel's service options include:
- Temporary hires to support critical projects, variable resource needs, and temporary openings.
- Temp-to-hire personnel to provide a transition period or to respond to business growth.
- Direct-hire placements for key individuals who will make an immediate and lasting positive impact.
- Value-added services such as payrolling, skills testing, background checks, and drug screening.
Industries we specialize in:
- Energy & Construction Services - Electrical, Renewable Energy, Plumbing, Mechanical/HVAC, and Construction Management.
- Telecommunications, Low Voltage & Security - Structured Cabling, Cell Sites, Field Service Installation, Audio Video, Security, and Fire Alarm.
- Scientific - Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Biodefense, Clinical Research, Health Care, Universities, Chemical, and Food Sciences.
We are hiring a AV Systems Programming Engineer who will be responsible for the installation, design, and maintenance of electrical systems, including wiring, breaker boxes, switches, and other residential machinery.
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems.
- Possess computer/software skills.
- Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems with code complying standards.
- Develop reports and documentation of project status.
- Direct, and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Able to freely adjust configurations without the aid of DSP Programming or Control System assistance.
- Able to set-up hardware, troubleshoot, and upload Crestron, Extron and AMX.
- Able to upload, and debug tweaking configurations of Audio DSP programs using ClearOne, Biamp, or Polycom.
- Able to commission, troubleshoot and debug Video Wall Processors.
- Supervise and train project team members as necessary.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establish personal networks.
- Document as-builds and testing results.
- 5+ years of experience in the Audio and Visual Engineering field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with the National Electric Code.
Besides a competitive salary (DOE) for full time work in a great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks: Medical benefits for full time employees, sick and holiday pay, work/life balance, flexibility, and plenty of opportunity to grow!
Please send your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can bring your resume & fill out our application at our Pleasanton, CA office. If your resume, application, and reference reviews meet our standards then we will reach out to schedule an interview at your convenience.
Here is our address: 133 N. Altadena Dr, Suite 415, Pasadena CA, 94588
SOLID Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hires are made without regard to any individual’s race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, religion, marital status or domestic partnership; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; other medical conditions or genetic characteristic; sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or transgender status; or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law, regulation or ordinance.